Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
2k CSM Template List Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
2k CSM Template List Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
2k CSM Template List Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
2k CSM Template List Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
2k CSM Template List Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

2k CSM Template List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tebryn
Initiate
Initiate

2k CSM Template List Empty
PostSubject: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am

After getting worked over by Dark Eldar in the FoB Prelims, I started screwing around with shooty lists for Chaos Marines.
I wanted every unit to be able to fire most/all the way across the board with a high strength, and tended towards templates because it just seemed more efficient for CSM. Came out to 2000pts exactly on the Battlescribe DB I was using.

HQ
Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Wings
Daemon Prince - Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission, Wings

Elites
Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, Missile Launcher, Extra Armor
Dreadnought - Plasma Cannon, Missile Launcher, Extra Armor

Troops
Noise Marines - 5x Noise Marine, 1x Blastmaster, 4x Sonic Blaster
-Rhino - Havoc Launcher
-Rhino - Havoc Launcher
-Rhino - Havoc Launcher
-Rhino - Havoc Launcher

Heavy Support
Vindicator - Daemonic Possession, Havoc Launcher
Obliterators - 3x Oblits
Obliterators - 3x Oblits

Overall there are some loose points floating around, but I'm fairly happy with the overall feel to it.
Comments/critiques welcome. Glaring weaknesses? How would you tackle it with your list?
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 am

Light on heavy tank popping, and your dreads will happily lay into you rhinos, so watch placement. To get full use of your noise marines your rhinos are going to have to sit still or unload. Should be fairly decent against foot lists, and the massed bolters you bring should do well against hordes. I run 2 more oblits and a unit of combi-melta terms in a similar list, and run into issues with heavy mech, but I don't run a vindicator. Against DE it should run smooth, but I never play them, so don't know from experience.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Ninjaknight1337
Plebe
Plebe
Ninjaknight1337

PostSubject: Re: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 11:07 pm

This is quite an impressive Chaos list in my opinion. Although I do not play chaos, I have however played against them many times and this one has potential in causing some havoc.

I noticed that you have a lot of strength 8 weaponry at your disposal. Against Dark Eldar this list could actually hold its own against them but I am not sure with other armies though, especially heavy mechs. The Dreadnoughts is interesting but I dont know about them, just roll really well thats all I have to say. Obliterators are nice and cool. The only issue with them is that they only have T4 and I think that kinda hurt them a little bit. The blastmaster is powerful but I have to agree with CrimsonWraith about getting the full use of the NM.
Overall though it seems like an impressive army you created there.
Back to top Go down
Tebryn
Initiate
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, I can see where heavy mech would be an issue (especially if the dice are against me). I just never play them, so it wasn't something I was thinking about. I'm just not a very aggressive/in your face player in most games. I tend more towards a defensive fortress of death. Doesn't move, but really lays the punishment on as you come at it to try and break the walls. Guess I'm still trying to figure out how that translates into 40k.
Back to top Go down
Ninjaknight1337
Plebe
Plebe
Ninjaknight1337

PostSubject: Re: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Ah I see, well in that case The lash would be effective but you need to keep your DP alive so I would suggest throwing in some decoys like maybe some fast infantry or something to try and see if that might work.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 6:57 pm

What is the plan with you noise marines? If they are camping in you tanks, you will be wasting 3 sonic blasters. Also, your army has plenty of 48"+ range, but you vindicator's main gun and the princes are only 24.
I guess what I'm asking is, what is your general plan with this force?
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k CSM Template List   2k CSM Template List Empty

Back to top Go down

2k CSM Template List
Page 1 of 1