Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Monkey
Monkey

Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Empty
PostSubject: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 pm

HQ:

Company Command squad
Kreed, Kell, Astropath & Officer of the fleet & Master of Ordnance
Vets with 4x Meltas

355 Points

Elites:
Marbo

Troops:
10x Vets 3x Meltaguns
100 Points

10x Vets 3x Meltaguns
100 Points

10x Vets 3x Meltaguns
100 Points

10x Vets 3x Meltaguns
100 Points

10x Vets 3x Meltaguns
100 Points

10x Vets 3x Meltaguns
100 Points

Fast Attack:
3x Vendettas with Heavy Bolter Sponsons
420 Points

2x Vendettas with Heavy Bolter sponsons
280 Points

2x Vendettas with Heavy Bolter sponsons
280 Points

Total: 2000 points

Pretty straight forward drop and pop army. Every one starts mounted up, on games where I win the first turn I deploy as normal rush 24" for my scout move to provide cover should my opponent manage to capture the initiative. Should they fail I should only have to move my vens 6 inches to get my whole army in rapid fire range. Everything deploys Command squad issues 4 orders if possible and fires at the closest unit. The Vens then hit hard targets i.e. Monsterous creatures heavy armor. The Vets then unleash on w/e is left.

Should I fail to get first turn the whole army out flanks and comes in on 3+ turn 2. The astropath allows me to reroll my table edges which pretty well allows me to guarantee I come in where I want. Then the strat is the same as above pure drop and pop Ven's focus hard targets and Vets mop up the squishies.

This list has 22 melta shots, 21 Twin-linked Lascanon shots, 42 Lasgun shots or 84 rapidfire, and 42 heavy bolter shots every turn. 6 Scoring units and reduces my opponents reserve rolls by 1 and has 7 armor 12 Vehicles and 70 infantry and for the fun of it Marbo.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 am

Sounds expensive. 7 vendettas Shocked
I also think its all or nothing. It has all of the alpha strike of IG, but without the safety range. You're going to be on your opponent turn one, laying down hate. If they get washed away, great, if not, your looking at a whole lot of angry with just little bitty guardsman. Also, while you have 6 scoring units, if they are mounted, you really only have 3 units that can score.
Oh, yeah, and your vendettas wreck on a 4+. Even a glance can bring one down.
It's a very set up, then one of us has a bad day army.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Price isn't too bad around $560 for everything.

It is indeed an alpha strike list, however I think the hurt this list can bring with amount of twinlinked high str AP guns it has there shouldn't be much left that can fire back and loosing a couple vens is meh. Provided I deploy correctly I can also make sure my opponent can only really get one unit in CC and can't assault through to the vens behind them. The guardsman can tarpit for one turn to allow me to re-position my vens which should really be able to sit out of range and mop up w/e happens to be left. Twisted Evil

On the other hand this is all purely conjecture on my part and I want to proxy it once or twice to see if it has the potential I think it has. Also it will look amazing on the board IMHO.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:29 pm

Deathwing will wreck your day.
Back to top Go down
Monkey
Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Shocked What deathwing list? termy spam or what are we talking here??
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:19 pm

Dark Angel Terminators

How do you plan to deal with venom spam(any)? Invulnerable saves on vehicles can be a wrench, and anything on the ground is hamburger on the DE turn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points   Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing with the idea of an air guard list. 2k Points
Page 1 of 1