Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Codex marines 1500 assault list Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Codex marines 1500 assault list Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Codex marines 1500 assault list Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Codex marines 1500 assault list Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Codex marines 1500 assault list Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Codex marines 1500 assault list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cave_Dweller
Squire
Squire
Cave_Dweller

Codex marines 1500 assault list Empty
PostSubject: Codex marines 1500 assault list   Codex marines 1500 assault list EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Hey gang, been trying to think outside the box and come up with new ideas for my crappy orange marines and see if I can break this epic losing streak I'm on. This list is more of an assault oriented list and I mainly thought up to take advantage of the units I own without having to buy new stuff. I'm also trying to focus more on units rather than blowing lots of points on upgrades (an idea I love and think sounds cool, but doesnt really work very well in practice).

1500 pts

HQ

Pedro Kantor

Troops

10 tacticals with melta, ML, chainsword sgt, in a rhino

10 tacticals with flamer, ML and bolter sgt in rhino

Elites

5 sternguard with hvy flamer, 4 combi flamers (unfortunately glued on!), in razorback with lascannon, lead by Pedro

Dreadnought with assault cannon (or plasma...theyre both great weapons and 10 pts) and DCCW

Dreadnought with Multi melta and DCCW

Fast attack:

10 assault marines with power weapon

10 assault marines with power weapon

Heavy support

Predator with autocannon

Tactics:

Use the tacticals to camp objectives along with the sternguard. Keep the tacticals in the rhinos and shoot missiles from the hatch while camping objectives. Pedro drops off sternguard on a mid-field objective and advances alone in the razorback and stays in for protection, or perhaps assaults. He is supported by the assault marines which remain within 12" to take advantage of the extra attack, granting them 4 attacks on the charge. hopefully I'll be able to dish out some hurt with so many attack rolls!

The dreadnoughts advance as well and attempt to remain in 12" range of Pedro to take advantage of his +1 attack buff and the predator stays on the move constantly and fires the autocannon, possibly offering cover for the dreads.

I was thinking I could use the pred to spearhead my column with the dreads directly behind it to give them a cover save, along with the assault marines partially in cover, with Pedro somewhere in the middle and close by to give them the buff when they assault.

It will require careful planning to ensure Pedro is close to the assault marines and dreads if they assault anything...

I'm lacking a lot of anti armor with this list, however and keeping the MM dread alive will be vital. The tactical squad with the melta may also be required to take on some anti-tank duty.

Any thoughts and constructive criticism would be most welcome!

Also coming back home next week for a nice 3 week vacation, so see yas Saturday and I'm up for war gaming, deathwatch, board games or whatever, maybe even a painting sesh in the basement there. afro
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Codex marines 1500 assault list   Codex marines 1500 assault list EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 12:57 pm

Light on vehicles and anti vehicle. In the mech world, melta runs rampant. They will pop your cans like nobody's business, and you will have trouble returning the favor. I think it will do fair in the basement, but Tacticon will be a different story. It's like my CSM list in that it is all about match up.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Cave_Dweller
Squire
Squire
Cave_Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Codex marines 1500 assault list   Codex marines 1500 assault list EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:39 pm

CrimsonWraith wrote:
Light on vehicles and anti vehicle. In the mech world, melta runs rampant. They will pop your cans like nobody's business, and you will have trouble returning the favor. I think it will do fair in the basement, but Tacticon will be a different story. It's like my CSM list in that it is all about match up.

Yeah that's one of the things I really dislike about 40k, how there are really only certain units that are any good. I'm staying away from super competitive gaming and tourneys after genghis...left a bad taste in my mouth. I'd also have to spend hundreds of dollars more on new models and go Vulcan like everyone else does to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Codex marines 1500 assault list   Codex marines 1500 assault list EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:42 pm

I disagree with the "this is a bad unit/army" mentality. There are better armies/units, but any army and any unit can be useful. It's all about matching your play style and finding what works for you. I use over costed thousand sons and noise marines to good effect. I have plenty of bad match ups, but I'm a bad match up for others. The key is to play. Play a lot, tweak a little. Give things multiple games before you throw it out. Dumping something after bad dice or rough game is not the way. Also, try out things, even if everyone says they suck. That's how all the must takes got found. i.e. leaf blower started as a wtf, not its an ah, f.....
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Codex marines 1500 assault list   Codex marines 1500 assault list EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:23 pm

I really like your list. I think it can be competitive if you really know it and you know what it needs to do to beat certain lists. But that being said I think the things you are going to want to tweek is adding combi meltas to the stern guard. Also And bare this in mind As I have only recently begun to play test this and have not had enough table time to really get a good estimation, Assault cannons on my dreads are awesome. 4 shots with a chance for rending is really solid. You can take down alot of light armor with that and can weaken up some bigger squads. The one that I run has done fairly good for me and I love dreads on the hole as they make for awesome center pieces for a army. Also they are super fluffy to have on the table.

for 1500 points you have a good amount of armor on the table with 2 rhinos, a razorback and 2 dreads. I dso not think you are light on that at all. Just be mindful that you need to pop there long range heavy guns as soon as you can. But you have some fast elements so you should be ok I think.
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codex marines 1500 assault list   Codex marines 1500 assault list Empty

Back to top Go down

Codex marines 1500 assault list
Page 1 of 1