Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
possible new 40k player in Westminster area Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
possible new 40k player in Westminster area Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
possible new 40k player in Westminster area Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
possible new 40k player in Westminster area Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
possible new 40k player in Westminster area Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

possible new 40k player in Westminster area

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
deephaus
Plebe
Plebe

possible new 40k player in Westminster area Empty
PostSubject: possible new 40k player in Westminster area   possible new 40k player in Westminster area EmptySun May 20, 2012 11:19 pm

My name is Mike. I'm a middle aged gamer living in Arvada, close to the HobbyTown in Westminster and I am thinking about getting into playing 40k but wasn't sure when and where people play in the area.
Never played before but used to play Heroclix and Mechwarrior. There looks to be some similarities. The longevity is what attracts me to 40k. I want to be able to take time off and know that when I come back there will be people still playing it, unlike Heroclix or Mechwarriors.
I have no gear right now. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
pyroknight
Initiate
Initiate
pyroknight

PostSubject: Re: possible new 40k player in Westminster area   possible new 40k player in Westminster area EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:57 am

Hi mike,

Always good to meet a fellow gamer.
you are right about the longevity of 40k, there will always be players.
If you played heroclix you will probably like 40K, although the scales of the games are different (an average 40k game has 60+ figures).

I recommend watching a few games of 40K to see if you would like and then perhaps trying a demo game. I have two armies and could teach you a game this Thursday after 5:30pm if you’re interested.

I also have a few mechwarrior clix also but nothing competitive. I played classic battletech much more.

-Pyro
Back to top Go down
deephaus
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: possible new 40k player in Westminster area   possible new 40k player in Westminster area EmptyMon May 21, 2012 12:56 pm

@Pyro - Sold most of my Mech stuff a few years ago. Have to work this Thursday, but thanks for the offer. My schedule changes week to week. What times do you guys play 40k down at HT? I will come to watch a few games when I can.
Back to top Go down
bazookatooth
Initiate
Initiate
bazookatooth

PostSubject: Re: possible new 40k player in Westminster area   possible new 40k player in Westminster area EmptyMon May 21, 2012 7:16 pm

welcome! thursdays i think gaming starts around 6pm and on saturdays we start at noon. Come down this saturday if you have time. there will be plenty of games going on you can check out.
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: possible new 40k player in Westminster area   possible new 40k player in Westminster area EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:33 am

Welcome and yes Bazookatooth has it right for the times we play both days work great so stop by when you get the chance!!

And thanks for checking us out!
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible new 40k player in Westminster area   possible new 40k player in Westminster area Empty

Back to top Go down

possible new 40k player in Westminster area
Page 1 of 1