Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Empty
PostSubject: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 12:45 am

Hi everyone,

I've been following the blog lately and I'm really interested in swinging by for a game some Saturday evening after work. I have 1500 points of Tau that are partially painted until I graduate from college mid-May. I also know of four others who play and might want to swing by as well.

Are most games wrapping up around 5PM or are there still folks willing to play?

BTW, I was in Hobby Town a few weeks ago and swapped my Khan backpack for a Seth one with the guy working the counter...I just can't remember his name. If you're on here remind me what it was. Very Happy I'm Mike.
Back to top Go down
morsious
Initiate
Initiate
morsious

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 am

Welcome to the boards!

I know that for the most part we are starting to finish up by 5ish on Saturdays, But I think we can swing getting some more games in for sure!

As for the person your looking for, I believe that his name is Deadboyta2... on the forums.
Back to top Go down
wookyd
Knight
Knight
wookyd

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:56 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://adorkindenver.tumblr.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:25 pm

His real life name would be Ed.

Good to see another Tau player. For the Greater Good!
Unfortunately, I am one of the FoCo players, but maybe sometime I can make it down.
Just out of curiosity, what do you run in your list?
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome.

Hopefully I can catch someone who wants to play until 9PM or so. I could go into work earlier but that would be 6AM or so.

The Tau I have now aren't codex so I need to work on some other units this summer. Right now I have 7 suits, two 6-man FW squads, two devilfish, two hammerheads with Forgeworld fusion cannons and four forgeworld TX-42s...plus various drones. I built it to be competitive against my friend's Deathwing but he's moved away so I need to build some new units.

Ed...that sounds right. Thanks! He wanted the Khan cape for his "Ragnar".

Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Img_3611

Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Img_3612
Back to top Go down
wookyd
Knight
Knight
wookyd

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm

Great paintjob! Also, where did you get that hobby table?
Back to top Go down
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Thanks! I've changed my mind about them since those pics and I'd like to go back and replace some of the black with red plus add battle damage.

As far as the table goes, I have no idea since it was donated to me. Its just a simple little drafting table...I think this is it on eBay:

(ooops, I'm new so I can't post links)

Anyway, google "Ashley Creative Center"...sounds like it paints the minis for you! Strangely that didn't happen in my case, mine must be defective. Looks like you may be able to get it at Wal-Mart.

wookyd, I saw in your intro that you'd prefer Thursdays or a weeknights. I'd be open to the same if they become available. I work Fri thru Sun with only a little flexibility in my hours. Sad
Back to top Go down
wookyd
Knight
Knight
wookyd

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:55 pm

coyotius wrote:
Thanks! I've changed my mind about them since those pics and I'd like to go back and replace some of the black with red plus add battle damage.

As far as the table goes, I have no idea since it was donated to me. Its just a simple little drafting table...I think this is it on eBay:

wookyd, I saw in your intro that you'd prefer Thursdays or a weeknights. I'd be open to the same if they become available. I work Fri thru Sun with only a little flexibility in my hours. Sad

We started gaming on Thursdays, so come on down!
Back to top Go down
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:13 pm

When do you all usually start on Thursdays? Are there a lot of folks?

I can't make this Thursday due to classes but next week I have one final on Monday and then I'm free and clear.
Back to top Go down
wookyd
Knight
Knight
wookyd

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:32 pm

Starts at 6pm, and there were 7 folks last time.
Back to top Go down
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:36 pm

Sounds perfect! I'll be there next Thursday with the army above...give me a few months to expand and finish painting. I'm not a competitive player BTW, just looking for fun.
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:05 pm

We are all looking for fun and playing some tau will be a nice change as there are no tau players at the club currently. I look forward to seeing you and playing you this Thursday!!

Welcome to the boards by the way.

-Edward
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:11 pm

Hey Ed. It'll actually be the following Thursday, the 10th, before I can make it over. The only Tau? Wow.
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyTue May 01, 2012 1:30 pm

Well one way or another We will get to play! And yeah the only tau player. Lol
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:57 am

Those look awesome! That's a lot of Forgeworld!
Back to top Go down
coyotius
Plebe
Plebe
coyotius

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:29 am

Yeah it is! It wasn't a single purchase but instead spanned several years since 4th edition. Unfortunately I disliked the GW Crisis Suits so much it almost had to be done. Sad Guess it shows I'm a die-hard Tau fan...although I'm working on some space marines to get me by until the next codex.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Sad to say, I did the same for a while. Though, I despise the Imperium, so it was Chaos Space Marines for me. Now, though, I'm moving back to the Greater Good. Tau are strong against most Grey Knights and Necrons. They also have fewer bad match up than CSM. And they are just more fun than power armour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league   Hi all!  Tau player looking to play in the grow league Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi all! Tau player looking to play in the grow league
Page 1 of 1