Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Malifaux League! Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Malifaux League! Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Malifaux League! Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Malifaux League! Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Malifaux League! Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Malifaux League!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 pm

That's right folks, we did Fantasy, there was a sorta Warmahordes thing, now let's do Malifaux. Starting in March, I will be running a Malifaux league at Hobby Town Fort Collins. It will be a fixed pool league, where each entrant will have a set points value to choose from for games. It will start at 25 soulstones, which is a starter box. As we progress through the tiers, the pool of models will increase, but the games will stay at 25 soulstones longer, so that players will have a choice on what to field. It will also add second masters so that players can get a full faction feel. Hopefully, this will allow new players to compete with the older players, by keeping the collections to choose from equal. There will be a small entrance fee to go straight to prize support, and I will throw in for a league in prize(s).
Don't worry, I will be playing, but not eligible for anything.
If you have any questions, throw a post here or talk to me in person. I am more than happy to help, and if anyone wants a demo game or to talk faction to get you started down the right path, I am always ready(usually Wink )
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Tentative Schedule   Malifaux League! EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Here is the tentative schedule:
League starts on March 3rd.
It will be fixed pool, meaning players will have a set of models to choose from each game. As the league goes on, players can add to the size of the pool, but not change models already in the pool. The exception to this is that every player will have 2 resets, which is basically the ability to scrub current pool and rebuild from scratch. Every two weeks, the pool size will increase. Every month will see the game size increase. Players do not have to fill their pool, it is just an upper limit. The only low end requirement is that required to play the games.
The first weekend will be a get to know weekend. Games will count towards first tier. League totals will be accumulation, meaning that players get points for points scored in games, regardless of what opponent scored. More on this on first day. Points take from 4 games chosen by player, from games played in that two week period.
By the end of the league, players will have good grasp on game mechanics, crew selection, and scheme choices.

Schedule
25ss games:
Mar 3 - 17: 25ss pool
- Mar 31: 30ss pool
30ss games:
- Apr 14: 45ss pool
- Apr 28: 50ss pool
35ss games
- May 12: 75ss pool 2nd Master
- May 26: Pool size unlocked
40ss Brawl games
- Jun 16
Final Tournament
- Jun 23

Feel free to post any questions or ask me in person, though any in person questions may find their way here, just give everyone a complete picture.
I would like everyone to be able to have starter crew selected and available on Mar 3, just so we can dive right in, but I am also willing to sit down with anyone that day to finalize things. We can also do a group V2 card order if anyone ends up needing some.

Hope this was clear.

Last edited by CrimsonWraith on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Date update)
Back to top Go down
Rigusstorm
Press Ganger
Press Ganger
Rigusstorm

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:24 am

Lets do this Allan! We need more peoples to play Malifaux!
mostly so its not just you kicking my arse on a regular basis Wink
Back to top Go down
http://jkspaintingblog.tumblr.com/
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:33 am

After this, I think I will be kicking your arse far less often. 32+ games under everyone's belt should produce some pretty savy players.
Back to top Go down
Cave_Dweller
Squire
Squire
Cave_Dweller

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 7:50 pm

Count me in! But due to work I won't be able to attend every game session. And I'll miss the first games, which is a bummer as I really don't understand the rules to Malifaux very well yet. I keep meaning to buy the rulebook but still haven't lol
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 am

We will be going over rules for a while I think, so no worries there. You already have some idea of what your master and starter crew do, and that's the goal of the first weeks. Every section is at least 2 weeks long, so hopefully you will be able to find play time. Also, games aren't limited to just Saturday, as long as you play another league player, they can be anytime during the two weeks.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:35 pm

A slight change, if you are using a BOXED SET that goes over 25 points that will be ok for the 25ss pool only. Tho was players won't be screwed by a box with more than 25ss. The only one I know of is Von Schill. This works because of henchman rules. You can NOT alter the box for your starting pool, it has to be the EXACT box contents.
Back to top Go down
Slammer
Knight
Knight
Slammer

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:45 pm

well we are still a ways out for this and most people that will be playing dont know what the pool is. i think you might want to do more demo games so people know what you are talking about
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Oh, I plan to.
Basically the pool would be the models you own in other systems. It is the models you can build your army from. In Malifaux, it is much easier to tailor your list. A 40K analogy would be knowing deployment is spear head, the mission is kill points, and your opponent is playing Necrons, then you build your list.
To start with, players will basically be playing with the same list every game for the first 3 weeks, so it will be 4 weeks before players will have to worry about the pool. I am using it as a tool to limit experienced players as well as to introduce some mechanics more slowly.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:45 am

I had to bump the tournament back a week due to my family reunion. So, there will be a break week between the league end and the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Slammer
Knight
Knight
Slammer

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:56 am

so i take it you wont be in that day? or will you be in late
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am

Won't be in. It's an all weekend shindig.
Back to top Go down
Slammer
Knight
Knight
Slammer

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

i see how it is
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:46 am

2 days left. The players packs and record sheets are ready, just gotta print 'em off!
I have settled on an entry fee of $10 for the entire League and $10 for the tournament, which will be a separate entity. On will not effect the other. Running it as 3 separate leagues, while spreading prise support over the entire event, breaking it down into small chunks, I couldn't figure a way to separate scoring enough to get tier winners. I am looking at prise drawing as a possibility, but that will depend on turn out.
Well, I'm stoked, but should probably be sleeping, so I'm out. See you all Saturday.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:23 am

Hey everybody, thanks for coming. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I saw a lot of new faces in the basement, and hopefully I will get to play you all very soon. I have to say I am very excited about the turn out and the sheer number of games I hope to play in the coming weeks and beyond.
See you all next week(and maybe even more).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Malifaux League! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malifaux League!   Malifaux League! Empty

Back to top Go down

Malifaux League!
Page 1 of 1