Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Feast of Blades Invitational Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Feast of Blades Invitational Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Feast of Blades Invitational Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Feast of Blades Invitational Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Feast of Blades Invitational Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Feast of Blades Invitational

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Feast of Blades Invitational Empty
PostSubject: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:22 am

Feast of Blades registration is up here.
The tournament is a Saturday, Sunday deal. There is also an open GT, narrative track, fantasy GT, 40K Charity Team tournament, Warmahordes Steamroller, and a Warmahordes Death Race(?).
The Games Workshop stuff is $60, $50 for the team, $28 for the Warmahordes. All include a $25 weekend badge. With the exception of the Team and Death Race events, which are on Friday, everything conflicts, as the Warmahordes is Sat, and everything else is both Sat and Sun. The badge is rolled into everything, so if you do 2 events you pay for the badge twice.

I'm so confused. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:29 am

I didn't see these in the store, but they also have a Warmahordes Prime Tourney on Sunday and a Narrative track that runs all 3 days.

AH! Death race and Steamroller are qualifiers for the Prime event. Death Race has shorter times.
If I played Warmahordes, these events would likely be the reason I went. I'm to pampered in Colorado to throw down for a $60 tournament.

OH! But everyone's favourite Goat Boy will be there. I'm sure he will autograph your Plastic Dudesmen.
Back to top Go down
Dark Brotherhood
Admin
SUPREME PIMPEROR
AdminSUPREME PIMPEROR
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Hey CW, you still want to try to do doubles?
Back to top Go down
http://squintsquadpainters.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Not sure I can get it off. I will also have to work out what to do with the kids. I'll see though.
Back to top Go down
Rigusstorm
Press Ganger
Press Ganger
Rigusstorm

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:42 am

When Exactly Is this event? I might be interested in going and doing the warmahordes tourney
Back to top Go down
http://jkspaintingblog.tumblr.com/
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:27 am

Novemeber 4-6
Back to top Go down
Duke
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey guys, Duke here. I am the TO for Feast of Blades, it seems you might have a few questions, let me try to provide some answers.

- The main events are $60. This includes a $25 weekend badge and the $35 tournament. Right now we are sitting on THOUSANDS of dollars worth of prize support, all you have to do to receive some of the goodies is purchase an event ticket and everything else at the con is free. Yes, on the surface this can seem expensive, but lets go over how another local Con works.

Compare the two weekends at Tacticon and Feast of Blades:

Tacticon:
- Warhammer Tourney ($10), Weekend badge ($33), Unlimited board game pass ($20), Miniature painting entry($2 per entry), Sci-fi miniatures demos ($3), Miniatures painting classes ($8 per entry). Total weekend cost = $76.00

Feast of Blades:
- Warhammer Tourney ($60), Weekend badge ($0), Unlimited board game pass ($0), Miniature painting entry($0), Sci-fi miniatures demos ($0), Miniatures painting classes ($0). Total weekend cost = $60.00

I am not saying one is better than the other, I love attending tacticon and I will be there this year. I just wanted to point out that the costs aren't expensive on a Convention vs Convention basis. I hope this helps people, and that I have presented it in such a way as to help everyone see the benefits. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to send me an email at feastofblades (at) gmail (dot) com

I look forward to seeing the Knights at Feast of Blades!
Duke
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 pm

Duke wrote:
Hey guys, Duke here. I am the TO for Feast of Blades, it seems you might have a few questions, let me try to provide some answers.

- The main events are $60. This includes a $25 weekend badge and the $35 tournament. Right now we are sitting on THOUSANDS of dollars worth of prize support, all you have to do to receive some of the goodies is purchase an event ticket and everything else at the con is free. Yes, on the surface this can seem expensive, but lets go over how another local Con works.

Compare the two weekends at Tacticon and Feast of Blades:

Tacticon:
- Warhammer Tourney ($10), Weekend badge ($33), Unlimited board game pass ($20), Miniature painting entry($2 per entry), Sci-fi miniatures demos ($3), Miniatures painting classes ($8 per entry). Total weekend cost = $76.00

Feast of Blades:
- Warhammer Tourney ($60), Weekend badge ($0), Unlimited board game pass ($0), Miniature painting entry($0), Sci-fi miniatures demos ($0), Miniatures painting classes ($0). Total weekend cost = $60.00

I am not saying one is better than the other, I love attending tacticon and I will be there this year. I just wanted to point out that the costs aren't expensive on a Convention vs Convention basis. I hope this helps people, and that I have presented it in such a way as to help everyone see the benefits. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to send me an email at feastofblades (at) gmail (dot) com

I look forward to seeing the Knights at Feast of Blades!
Duke

Do you have board games, miniature painting, demos, classes, and can you do any of it while playing in a 2 day tourney? I usually do 40K, Fantasy, and shirt for $59. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Duke
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:45 pm

@CW: Yes, we do have all those things and more! Both 40k and Fantasy are two day events, for the main tournaments. There are many night events at our convention that you will be able to attend after your tournament is over. One example of this is the Storm of Magic big game Saturday night, another example is our Gladitorial Character fight and pod racing events after hours, or our midnight screening of Ultramarine on the projector all of these events are free with a tournament pass.

I hope I have not confused anyone more than necessary... Im very excited about this event and I hope I am passing a little of that along.

If you all have any ideas I would love to hear them!

Duke

Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Ok. None of that is on your site.
What painting classes are you having, and how do I sign up?
What do we have to do to get into the painting competition?
Back to top Go down
Duke
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 9:57 pm

I am actually putting it up as we speak.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 am

With the exception of the new painting classes, there are no times. When is the Team Tourney and how long does it run?
Back to top Go down
Dark Brotherhood
Admin
SUPREME PIMPEROR
AdminSUPREME PIMPEROR
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 pm

Damn, CW with the Inquisition! LOL.

Let the man work!

Oh, Hi Duke!
Meet CW, he's our resident interrogator. Razz

I know I'm excited about the con, see you there! Thanks for swinging by to give us the scoop.
Back to top Go down
http://squintsquadpainters.blogspot.com
Duke
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 pm

@db: thanks for the extended hand! I don't mind CWs "interrogation," running a national event is difficult to say the least and sometimes you forget that everyone doesn't know everything I do. So, I appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.

Long story short we are working very hard to provide a truly top class event that is a national destination tournament, if you see something that isn't clear send me an email because your probably not alone, lol.

The schedule is going up this weekend and trust me when I tell you that I literally have events planned to 1am all weekend if your up for it!

If you all have any questions or good ideas shoot me an email (feastofblades(at)gmail.com)

Duke
Back to top Go down
Duke
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 am

Quick post: The full schedule has been posted up on the website look under "important documents," on the right hand side.

If you have any questions or comments shoot me an email at feastofblades(at)gmail.com

Duke

(I can't post a link cause Im new, sorry.) feastofblades.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feast of Blades Invitational   Feast of Blades Invitational Empty

Back to top Go down

Feast of Blades Invitational
Page 1 of 1