Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Empty
PostSubject: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 4:55 pm

Aaron

Lord Skrull on plague furnace
level 2 plague priest
1 battle standard bearer with storm call banner
40 slave rats
40 slave rats
36 clan rats full command
40 Plague monks
7 sensor bearers
7 sensor bearers
1 hell pit abomination

I don't have his full list this is what I can remember about it hopefully he gets on and posts his full list later so you can see what he brought in its entirety.

Edward

Level 4 wizard lore of shadows with seal of destruction, power stone, Iron curse icon
General of the Empire with sword of Sigmund full plate and shield of the gorgon.
Warrior Priest with armor of meteoric iron and hammer of striking ( +1 str )
Spear men x 40 Full command with Razor banner
detachment x10 hand gunners
detachment x10 archers
30x flagellants
cannon
cannon
mortar
mortar
5x pistolier's
steam tank

here is what the table looked like

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0031

He picked the side with the hill as too not give me a place to put my artillery. so here are some shots of the deployment.
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0032

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0033

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0034
( i had to proxy my mortars as i have not bought them yet so they are the cards laying behind the woods and near the pistoliers)
Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0035

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0036

OK so Aaron won the dice roll to go first

He rolled 3 1's for the random movement of the hellpit and ended up walking backwards towards his deployment. This will be one of the few things that went well for me this game = P

He pushes everything forward on his turn the max march speed and pops his storm banner. This banner makes all shooting -2 and all artillery need +4s to see if they can shoot. This banner right here and some bad dice on my turn did a lot to help his army win. Best 35pt standard i have seen IMO. In his magic phase he cast a spell and we realized he was out of range but he irresistible forced it so he took the miscast roll. It did a wound to both of his casters and dropped the rest of his dice away. He had no shooting or combat so the turn was over.

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0037

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0038

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0039

OK so on my turn i leave everything pretty much where it is except i push my pistoliers around behind his slave rats. I then move onto my magic phase and roll like 7 dice and proceed to get nothing off. Shooting say the steam tank and both mortars unable to shoot. both my cannons were able to fire though and they took out his plague furnace. This right here had me thinking i was still in good shape but i couldn't be more wrong! the rest of my shooting was terrible i think i killed one slave rat from the pistoliers.

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0040

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0041

His turn 2 saw everything move up again with no charges. The hell pit realized it was going the wrong way and turned around. he rolled to see if the banner would stay in effect and it did. On the magic phase i stopped plague with my seal and destroyed it but he did make my unit of spears drop 1 toughness for the rest of the game and that was rather harsh. again no shooting from the skaven.

( i seem to have forgot to take some pics on this turn sorry =^.^= )

My turn two I generated 8 steam points and charged it into one group of sensor bearers and the flagellants charged the clan rats. both hit home. I moved my pistoliers to follow the slave rats and that was it for my movements. Magic again saw me do nothing as i either failed to cast or got dispelled. he rolled to see if his banner stayed and it did not so i was able to shoot everything this turn. My mortars killed some plague monks and my cannon hit the hellpit but both times he made his Regen save. My hand gunners pistoliers and archers epic failed this round and killed 1 plague monk and 1 slave rat between them. Combat saw me kill all of his sensor bearers with the tank and kill a bunch of rats with my flagellants. The flagellants would hold his unit of clan rats the hole game unable to kill them all but him unable to finish me off. I'm not going to talk about this combat anymore as it is much of the same each turn. ( i made a mistake here as i should have scatter shot the sensor bearers with my left flank cannon instead of focusing on the hellpit. this might have helped me a little bit later in the game but i doubt it. )

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0043

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0044

His turn three saw a lot of charges the the sensor bearers charged my cannon on the left flank, the plague monks charged my archers and the unit of spears unable to hit my spears in this combat though as they were just ahead of my main unit. The two units of slaves charged my hand gunners and the other cannon and the hellpit tried to get into the flagellants but failed to hit home. The magic phase was uneventful as i was able to dispel things and he failed to cast. all of the combats he made this round went to the Rats. with his big plague monk unit hitting my unit of spear's in the overrun. also my mortar failed his panic test from the slaves killing the cannon so it ran off the table as well.

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0045

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0046

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0047

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0048

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0049

My turn three saw me turn my steam tank so as to create as many charges for later turns as possible and charge the flank of the clan rats with my pistoliers. This was a mistake as they are terrible even as a flanking unit in hand to hand. The magic phase saw me get off one spell and that was to lower the strength of his plague monks by 1 basically equaling out the -1 tough he hit me with. Other then that i failed or was dispelled for the turn. Not a hole lot left to shot this turn so i took a pop shot with my last mortar at some slave rats think i killed 5 maybe. back to combat, I challenged with my warrior priest in the combat with his plague monks and he excepted with lord Skrull. he did a wound and i did a wound but other then that nothing major. He popped his other banner in the plague monk unit allowing him to re-roll both the hits and the wounds for this round of combat killing 11 of my spears. I did no wounds back with my remaining spears as i rolled something like 15 1's and 2's to wound. My General was able to kill three of his monks though one for each attack so I'm happy with him at least. I lost combat but was steadfast unfortunately i rolled box cars for my leadership and ran. This was pretty much the end of the game. He messed around in combat with his hellpit vs my tank for a few turns and i was unable to kill it and vice versa had he had another turn he would have got my tank I'm sure.

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0050

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0051

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0052

So I made a few mistakes and had some bad rolls but Bravo to Aaron hes a great player and i don't want to take away anything from his crushing victory. I don't normally like to change lists after one loss but this game did show me a few things that i just don't need or want in my list. Namely the two detachments and the pistoliers. I'm going to drop them in favor of a full unit of great swords. Also I'm going to switch to the lore of light mostly because i want to try out some of the other lore's and secondly because it has a better balance of offence and defence. I also think i should have played just a bit more aggressively on that first turn. But o well there it is and there's the pics hope this was interesting for some people!!!!

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Dsc_0053
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
GodsChosenOne
Initiate
Initiate
GodsChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Nicely done report. Just one thing if a war machine fails a panic test do to friends being destroyed it does not flee but the crew jumps underneath their machine and can not shoot for their next time they can. So i do not know if that would have changed anything, but at least you would still have it. ( small hand book page 110 War Machines and panic). You should at least try the list one or two more times before changing. It may have been the situation.
Back to top Go down
Estalies
Squire
Squire
Estalies

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:05 pm

neat report, awesome that you did up some pics.

what type of item is the seal of destruction? I want to say its an arcane? If so doesnt the new rules not allow you to take more than one arcane item period? (I know power stones and dispells were the exception last ed but I cant find anything on those items now)
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 6:41 pm

you are right and i realized that after the battle i did not mean to cheat but i had thought the same. But overall it did not effect the battle at all so i think its kinda a wash. I am re-writing my list a little bit and will make the change.

Back to top Go down
DoeDoe12
Knight
Knight
DoeDoe12

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyTue May 10, 2011 10:18 pm

well donw battle report but if u want to be in our league u better start winning Twisted Evil lol
jk jk
Back to top Go down
Skitter Squeek
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:13 am

Well he was fairly spot on with my list but it goes...

Lord Skrolk

Plague Priest lvl 2 with Shadow magnate trinket and Ironcurse Icon.

Plague Furnace with lvl 2 riding it

30 slaves with h/w

30 Slaves with h/w

41 clanrats full command with a BSB with Storm banner in it he is armed with a shield and halberd.

34 plague monks with Plague banner and musician and Standard.

7 PCB

7 PCB

Abomination

this is my vegas tourney list that I will be taking although I really don't want to take skrolk but since time is an issue with painting and since I have a lot of work to still on them as you see I couldn't get another unit of Clannies painted so I opted for the dude that made Monks core.... In doing so I made one hell of a Deathstar and I hate deathstars Evil or Very Mad

also don't pay any attention to the grey seer riding the bell as he was a replacement plague priest haha.

Ed overall was a good opponent it just so happened that my dice were rolling like hot cakes that night! We will definatley have a rematch and I think I may go down to Denver for it What a Face

Squeek!

Side note ed you need to hold your ass still when taking pics.
Back to top Go down
DoeDoe12
Knight
Knight
DoeDoe12

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:49 am

well squeek i say well played Cool
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:09 am

A rematch would be welcome! I fixed my list so it dose not have any magic item error's and I also added the Great swords. I think it will run much better. Im also going to be trying out the lore of light again I just think it will be a better balance for my list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )    Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )  Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle Report Skaven vs Empire 2000pts ( pic Heavy )
Page 1 of 1