Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Brotherhood
Admin
SUPREME PIMPEROR
AdminSUPREME PIMPEROR
Dark Brotherhood

Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Empty
PostSubject: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:00 pm

Soooo...
when we had club dues, very briefly last year or so, it was pretty cool because we could get all of the supplies we needed for fixing terrain, getting new terrain, helping out with con costs etc...but it wasn't a very popular thing and eventually people just quit paying them. How do we feel about dues, and what would the benefits of being a paid member be if we decided to do it? Obviously we can't tell open games players to "go away" because they didn't pay dues, so there would have to be a pretty clear cut reason to do it and a good benefits structure for paying dues.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
http://squintsquadpainters.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:56 pm

I'm in.
Attactix in Aurora has a few clubs out of there. They have their own locked terrain cabinets, store discount, and other perks.
As another idea, Gryphon's rents lockers. Its a thought, I could look into building some, and it could provide some revenue, though our relatively safe(I have models just sitting there) area makes this kinda unlikely to work.
We could also start hosting tournaments. If we could get some outside attendance, and some support from places, it would generate a little revenue.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 9:07 pm

War party has dues and it can be kinda cool as the money gose to paying for shirts terrain and events like you said. And one of the things they do is make there events cheaper for club members like say a league will cost 15 bucks for non club members but 8 for club members. That adds up if you are doing alot of events there to saving cash.

One of the things i like about how we have always run events is that we don't charge to participate. We give out the free prize support and have alot of fun gaming every week and are more laid back. So im not sure we should go that rout. Also last time we collected dues it was like pulling teeth to get people to spend a day making terrain out of all the shit we bought.

Also when i go to there events and was not a club member you can kinda feel the clickyness of there club. Id like to stay away from that and only require that people who want to be apart of the clubs at the hobby towns show up and play with us.

At the same time rebuilding, maintaining and making new terrain is important to keep things fresh and looking good for prospective new players that come to the stores. you dont want everything looking getotastic. I say we come up with a fundraiser type thing, where we all pitch to make one new board and terrain for that board. And we don't just pitch on a board before hand but we get a project in mind before that and then shoot for it.

Like the beach board we made. It looked pretty good but we really needed some terrain that was built for just that table. I say we pick something everyone wants to build like say a lava board or a jungle board. have everyone through in some money when you meet for the games for a month and then whatever we get budget it out and make a board from that. If we only get 50 bucks we make a 50 dollar board. if we get 200 dollars we make a 200 dollar board.

The big thing is to make sure everyone is helping to make it. So if we do a jungle board that means we will want say 4 hills covered in jungle type bushes and some trees, two or 3 ruins covered in vines and moss, a lake thing and some blank templates for some trees. could More then likely do all that for about 100 bucks if your conservative about it maybe even more. And the table itself could be really simple for something like that as well as all you would need is some mud trails all over it and really lush grass patches. Just make sure everyone has a hand in making one thing that gose on that table.

I dont know just my two cents and as im going to be asking my club this same thing im glade you brought this up.

Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:27 am

What about snacks? Pop, chips, candy, whatever. We could have a pretty simple set up, buy the crap cheap, sell it for a bit, and use the profit for the club.
Back to top Go down
Rigusstorm
Press Ganger
Press Ganger
Rigusstorm

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:11 am

I would be up for paying some dues or work on terrain or whatever i can do to help the club.

Also I do have a Sam's membership so if we wanted to buy the snacks and stuff in bulk we can do it cheers
Back to top Go down
http://jkspaintingblog.tumblr.com/
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:17 am

oooo changeing the subject name to invalidate my comment i see how it is = P

J/K

Back to top Go down
Dark Brotherhood
Admin
SUPREME PIMPEROR
AdminSUPREME PIMPEROR
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:19 am

Errrrrrr....what? That's always been the title, I did that to make sure your club didn't think they were going to have to pay dues in westy... Razz
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:29 am

I call shenanigans!!!! but anyways I like seelling candy for funds because it stuff people will want anyways and whats gaming without snacks!

If westminster did not have a snack machine right next to the gaming room iwould think about this a option. Sadly this wont work for us lol.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:43 pm

What about taking an event cut? When we have tournaments and such, the total entry fee goes into prize support. What if the club got a small cut? Say a $5 event, the club gets a buck or 2. I know everyone wants stuff, but the more funds the club gets, the more events, with better tables, we can run.
Back to top Go down
Dark Brotherhood
Admin
SUPREME PIMPEROR
AdminSUPREME PIMPEROR
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:05 pm

What about something like what Gryphon's used to do (not sure if they still do it)? They had a different rate for club dues paying members and everyone else, where if you had paid dues, events were cheaper or free. Then we could have a cut of Non-dues paying participants entry fees, as the members had already paid their share. We could make it so paying dues got you a t-shirt and/or other goodies with membership.

EDIT:

We could also combine this with what I was thinking about aerlier this year...a "dues equivalency program":

Not everybody has lots of free time to build terrain, and not everyone has lots of money to throw around...there is usually an inversely proportional ratio in my experience. So the plan is, you can "Work off" dues by building terrain, helping with events, etc. That way people who have no interest in gluing trees all day can still make it possible for us to purchase shiny new terrain, and the broke people can still help the club. I dunno...something like that.
Back to top Go down
Dark Brotherhood
Admin
SUPREME PIMPEROR
AdminSUPREME PIMPEROR
Dark Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:17 pm

I like how I just went on that long winded ramble and then noticed that most of what I said, deadboy said already lol .
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 pm

Right at least you caught it before i did. I still think it should just be a pitch in system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT   Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT Empty

Back to top Go down

Ye Olde Dreadfull Subject of Club Dues - KoGT
Page 1 of 1