Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
by CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
by CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
by CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
by CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
by CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Ghengis 2014 Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Physh
Plebe
Plebe

PostSubject: Ghengis 2014 Questions   Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:43 am

Looking for some more info on the 40k RTT at Ghengis this year. The booklet obviously says 1750, 3 rounder. Expecting same or similar missions to that of Previous Cons. Now to the juicy unknown. What will be allowed to be played, book wise? Escalation/Stronghold, Dataslates, Nids? 3rd Codex armies: IE use of =I= with SM+DA army, and if Dataslates are a yes: Formations without their parent dex present(Tau formation)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman

PostSubject: Re: Ghengis 2014 Questions   Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Sorry for the slow reply, I just got back from vacation and today was nuts.

Missions are getting a bit of an overhaul, but should play the same as Tacticon's missions. I am simplifying them into a single objective, with a sliding rule based on success. i.e. major win/loss = 12/0, minor = 9/3, draw = 6. Secondaries will still be worth a point. I am also adding what should be a gimme, especially with 3 hour rounds, if both players complete turn 5, they both get 5 points, straight up.

As far as books/add ons/whatever, Escalation and Stronghold will be treated as expansions and thus not allowed, similar to Cities of Death and Planet Strike. Tyranids were known about coming into the tournament and will be legal. The Dataslates and Inquisition are a sticky matter, since they kind of blind sided us and aren't really expansions and are more like the supplements being released. As such, I don't feel I can ban them at this time, as the larger part of the community does not frequent these forums and we have no real way to spread the word. That being said, armies including a formation and an ally who fall under the "come the apocalypse" ally chart can expect to have issues beyond desperate allies.

As far as books, I expect everyone to have all the relevant books required to play any part of their army. However, it isn't feasible for me to check everyone's bag. If you don't have the book for the army/formation/whatever, and there is a rules dispute not covered in the core rulebook, I will rule against you, regardless of what I personally know. I don't know every army/formation by heart, and that is your responsibility. I can't, in good conscience, make a ruling if I can't show your opponent why.

Apologies for the long windedness, I hope I answered your questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com

Ghengis 2014 Questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1