Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
samuroid
Plebe
Plebe

Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Empty
PostSubject: Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy   Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:25 pm

Howdy everyone,

I live in Fort Collins and Denver part time and have always wanted to play warhammer fantasy but never had the funds.

Times have changed. And I want in.

I have some questions though and since the WHF section didn't have any intro sections I figured I would just post them here.

1. Is there a good community for fantasy around here? I mean I don't want to spend a bunch of money and have nobody to war against.

2. I have done a fair bit of research on my own about the game and the factions. I am not interested in skaven or high elves so the starter set seems kind of a waste. Do you think regardless of what faction I play it is still worth it? or should i just go straight to the faction I want.

3. Speaking of factions, I am interested in playing tomb kings and bretonnia. Tomb Kings because I figure if I have to paint a ton of core units I can't go wrong with a horde of Egyptian skeletons. And bretonnia because Knights are bad ass and I want to do some trampling. So the questions are: what do you think of playing more than one army? worth it for a beginner or not? And also how about playability for these two factions for someone just starting out?

I decided to post here before I start collecting and if this is the wrong spot, my bad. Look forward to playing with some of y'all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in adv.
Back to top Go down
wookyd
Knight
Knight
wookyd

PostSubject: Re: Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy   Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Welcome to the boards. There are at least 4 fantasy players in Denver that I know of, so you should have someone to play against most of the time. Only get the starter set if you want the small rulebook, templates and dice as you could sell the armies that come with it, or you can buy the tome that runs about $75 by itself. I consider myself a new player still when it comes to fantasy and wargames in general, so I would suggest starting off with only one army and then going from there once you have it down. I haven't played either of the armies that interest you, but there is probably someone on here that has and would be happy to give you some advice. See you out there.
Back to top Go down
http://adorkindenver.tumblr.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy   Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 am

Fort Collins Hobby Town is rather light on fantasy players at the moment. I play(ed) Tomb Kings. They are a decent army, but you will be building a LOT of skeletons. I don't know of anyone who plays Bretonia. We play on Saturdays at Hobby Town Fort Collins, and a couple players keep armies at the store. If you want, I can bring my mostly painted Tomb Kings one Saturday, and you could play somebody using them. Then you could see them in person and get a feel for it. Send me a message though, as I don't usually bring them.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy   Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy folks/ Warhammer fantasy
Page 1 of 1