Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Club rules for Counts as models Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Club rules for Counts as models Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Club rules for Counts as models Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Club rules for Counts as models Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Club rules for Counts as models Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Club rules for Counts as models

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Club rules for Counts as models Empty
PostSubject: Club rules for Counts as models   Club rules for Counts as models EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:12 pm

I kinda want to discuss this a bit as I would like to at some point write up a formal list of things we do at our club that may vary at other clubs. True for both knights and the Demo corps we should have a consistent set of rules on these things. So Im kicking it off with this. Now I am normally cool with any type of cool model conversion people want to do as long as it hits the same rough dimensions as what the model is supposed to look like. I.E people using warmachins for dread's or some such. But I am not ok with people using legos or shoe boxes or soda cans or some such when they come to a tournament ( pre-testing a list a few times before you buy models at casual club days is one thing that I am ok with though). I am also not really ok with a model that is supposed to be a counts as that is ether on a larger or smaller base to abuse the rules. Or Building something like a drop pod that has a 20" base or some other nonsense.

So I guess I would like to have some sort of idea what other people think. and if they think I am way outa line or something.
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

PostSubject: Re: Club rules for Counts as models   Club rules for Counts as models EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Is this a problem down there? We don't exactly run a ton of tournaments, so maybe that's the difference. I have seen people use all kinds of things as stand in, and have done so myself, but usually just in Apoc games. My scratch built defiler is a bit smaller than the GW one, but I have a back banner that's the right height if anyone complains, though, nobody ever has.
*shrug* I could see a tournament rule, but not sure I see the need for a more general rule, as most games are just for funsies. But that's my FoCo only perspective.
If I may ask, what prompted this? So I can get a better perspective.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

PostSubject: Re: Club rules for Counts as models   Club rules for Counts as models EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 8:50 pm

This is coming from the idea that I would like to start running alot more tournaments and would like to have a general rule for this sort of thing for when it dose come up. And No this is not really a problem per-say. And Im not raging or anything I just wanted to start a discussion on the subject. Because it would be nice to have a post or document someplace that says this is what you can expect from tournaments at hobby town. It has not been a problem at all and I hope by putting these types of rules in place it never becomes one. That and it is a neat topic.

Like I said though I do not have a problem with models that are built really well or cool from scratch to save money or whatever I just have a problem with people that A) model something to get a advantage from a rule or b) use a teddy bear at a tournament instead of a dread.
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
morsious
Initiate
Initiate
morsious

PostSubject: Re: Club rules for Counts as models   Club rules for Counts as models EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:44 pm

From what the group has been doing down here in the past, here is what we came to this unspoken rule-set:

1. The proxy needs to have the same hit-box, base size etc.
  2. The proxy needs definable weapon points if it needs it
  3. Preferably, the real model should either not exist yet, or the model should be a conversion or a kit-bash.
  4. If the proxy is a soda can or something else obviously a place-holder, then it should be for casual matches, army testing or other thing that basically doesn't matter. i.e. no soda can drop pod at a tourny.
  5. The proxy shouldn't take advantage of a rule because its a proxy

Generally, most proxy's showing up lately in the league have been pretty good to the above list. For instance, one of our regulars has been proxying Carnifexs as Tervigons pretty much since the nids codex came out. Once the new Tervigon came out on the XL base, he stopped using Carnifexs, because they were the wrong size.... Also because he bought 2 of them immediately and then another 2 in a couple of months...
Back to top Go down
bazookatooth
Initiate
Initiate
bazookatooth

PostSubject: Re: Club rules for Counts as models   Club rules for Counts as models EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Gant diarrhea for the win! Seriously though, I think you have covered it pretty well here. Mostly common sense stuff. No modeling for advantage, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club rules for Counts as models   Club rules for Counts as models Empty

Back to top Go down

Club rules for Counts as models
Page 1 of 1