Knights of the Gaming Table
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaming Clubs Forums- Fort Collins and Westminster, CO

HomeHome  KoGT BlogKoGT Blog  DemoCorps BlogDemoCorps Blog  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Newest Bloodbowl rules.
Border Wars Rules Emptyby CrimsonWraith Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:47 pm

» Who wants to play Relic Knights?
Border Wars Rules Emptyby CrimsonWraith Thu May 28, 2015 12:57 pm

» Assets - useful DzC links
Border Wars Rules Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:12 pm

» Fort Collins - Dropzone Commander Grow League Nov 2014
Border Wars Rules Emptyby CrimsonWraith Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:49 pm

» A new game and new stock!
Border Wars Rules Emptyby CrimsonWraith Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:11 pm

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Border Wars Rules

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:38 pm

BOARDER WARS

So lets lay down what people should bring and have ready for the event
when it happens. This way people have plenty of time to get ready and plan
for it.

2500pts Of whatever Warhammer army with standard force org!

Display Board for there army and painting 3 color minimum on the models!

5 lists printed out of there army with points values listed. This dose
not have to be army builder but you should list what everything in
your army costs. If your not using army builder you should also
print out the army stats sheet from the back of your army book to
give to your opponent. That way each opponent has a list of what your
bringing and what they do. ( you can also find this sheet on games workshop's
main site)

1 objective counter a flag with the club name and colors on it would be best!

Any Grudge match from the forums will be honored in the first round. Obviously one
player can only play one grudge match so if you want to get a grudge match on
make sure you make one with someone that dose not already have one!!

We will be Making a Traveling Trophy for this event so what ever club has the most
points at the end of the day will get to keep the Trophy at there store until another
club meet happens. This dose not mean it will always be for fantasy we can also
pass this around for Warmachine/Hordes and 40k.

There will be points for Painting/ Modeling / Playing / And above all Sportsmanship!

If there are any other sugestions we can change and discuss these as we get closer to the event.

Last edited by Deadboytat2 on Fri May 06, 2011 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://htdemocorps.blogspot.com
KeeleeHamomin
Initiate
Initiate
KeeleeHamomin

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:09 pm

So when and where is this taking place precisely? And is this the "tournament" we have been told of or is this something else?
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:11 pm

Travelling trophy? OH, you mean for like when you guys host and it travels from Fort Collins to Westminster, then back to Fort Collins. Good idea, I guess we should let you guys see it sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:16 pm

This is going to be a club vs club event at a unknown time in the future between Westminster and the Fort Collins clubs. We have not decided where it will be yet but i wanted to get the discussion on how it will work rolling and what it will be about. Also we will need to decide upon the scenarios as well. and this thread is to hammer out all those details!
Back to top Go down
KeeleeHamomin
Initiate
Initiate
KeeleeHamomin

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Well then, if it is unknown... uhm. Within the next few weeks Fridays or Wednesdays are optimal for Jake Denley, Justen Deesen and myself, just to put out some suggestions. Also I am looking up some scenarios that would be interesting and fun. Will post them here when I find anything good. Smile

(Side question Ed, what is the Westminster club doing this Wed? We may not be able to make it, so we wanted to know what was going on.)
Back to top Go down
KeeleeHamomin
Initiate
Initiate
KeeleeHamomin

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Here is a very interesting scenario I found. It is quite specific but I think it could be tweaked to fit different armies, and different terrains. So here it is:
The Heart of Darkness
This scenario pits the depraved machinations of the insidious Skaven against the fickle and insular Wood Elves.
Setting

This encounter takes place in a wide glade at the heart of the woodland realm of Athel Loren. Following the incredible and unique Warp Compass of the mad Skaven Engineer Kreetch Quikpaw, the vile Skaven have burrowed beneath the forest and emerged in an ancient glade wreathed in old magiks and at its centre stands a great Oak, as old as the forest itself, the heart of the immeasurably old wood.
This tree, named Bwilgar D’nesch in an ancient tongue long forgotten, is the core from which the forest draws its emotion, its ingrained memories of things long past from a time before the first warm blooded creatures ever walked the Old World, and its depth of love, hate and despair resonates throughout the entire woodland realm. The denizens of the forest are driven by the emotions of Bwilgar D’nesch, they hear its call in their bark and in their roots, and by its ancient influence they are driven to slumber in peace or to destroy with all the rage and hatred at its very heart.
Scenario
The Skaven mages have defiled the ancient oak by implanting in its bark thirteen warpstone amulets, which are slowly corrupting the tree and turning its heart to darker and more destructive primal emotions, which in turn are beginning to corrupt the forest around it. The Skaven mages plan to exert control over the tree and through it the surrounding wood, creating a new Skaven domain within the old forest and making the spirits of the forest their terrible slaves and guardians, through the corrupting power of warpstone, the very stuff of Chaos.
The Wood Elf army arrives at the Glade and deploys for battle. Their Objective is to destroy the Skaven force and remove the amulets from the ancient Oak. They must also try to kill the Skaven spell casters, lest they corrupt the forest spirits in the Wood Elves own force.
Set up
The Oak is placed between 6” and 12” onto the battlefield in the centre of a long table edge. This is the Skaven deployment edge, and the Skaven must deploy first at least 24” from the opposite deployment area, which extends to 24” from the Skaven Deployment Zone. The Wood Elves deploy second and take the first turn of the battle.
Units with special deployment rules may use these as normal.
Special Rules
Forces: Both armies must include at least one spell caster on foot to control the Oak. The Wood Elves must include at least one unit of either Tree Kin or Dryads. The Skaven may not include more than one ‘fire’ based unit, as even they aren’t stupid enough to risk burning their future realm to the ground!
Rules:
1. All units in the Wood Elf army are affected by the rules for Hatred against any Skaven model or unit with a model at least partially within 12” of the Oak.
2. During each Wood Elf turn, before Charges are declared, roll a D6 for each forest spirit/tree unit within 24” of the Oak – units from 13”-24” away are affected by the following rules on a roll of 6, and units within 12” are affected on 5 or 6 – if the unit is affected, then it is overcome by the hatred and corruption that is affecting the ancient Oak. They are affected by the rules for Frenzy for the rest of the Player Turn, and if allowed to do so by normal movement restrictions will move towards the nearest unit that is not a forest spirit, (friend or foe) and must Charge if able to do so, and will fight against that unit in the Close Combat phase of the player turn. Continue to roll for the affected unit at the start of each subsequent Wood Elf turn to see if the effects continue – if they do not continue and the unit is in close combat with a friendly unit, then they stop fighting and the two units are separated so that they are 1” apart, but continue facing the same direction. If the effects cease and the unit is in close combat with a Skaven unit, they continue to fight but immediately stop being affected by Frenzy.
These rules are only used if there is a Skaven spell caster in base to base contact with the Oak at the end of the preceding Skaven turn, who is not in Close Combat or Fleeing. If there is no Skaven Spell caster in contact with the Oak, then units cease being affected automatically the next time they would need to roll for being corrupted.
3. The Wood Elves may not place a wood in this battle, as their control of the forest is lessened as they near the corrupted Oak.
Victory Conditions
The battle will last for six turns, or to an agreed time limit. At the end of the battle, the winning army will be the army that has a spell caster on foot, alive and neither fleeing nor in Close Combat in base to base contact with the Oak. If the Skaven are victorious, then their spell caster has gained full control over the Oak and the forest turns on the Wood Elves and destroys them. If the Wood Elves are victorious, then they manage to remove or destroy the corrupting amulets and the Oak is freed from their corrupting influence, and in its rage at it’s defilers the forest awakens and the Skaven are annihilated.
If both armies have a spell caster in base contact with the tree, then these two characters must fight a challenge to the death to decide the victor – remember the Wood Elf will benefit from Hatred!

Pasted from
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Wow that looks like a fun scenario. But Id have a hard time turning that into something we can use for boarder wars. I would like to use that for the campaign I'm going to run after the grow league is over though so lets keep it handy!

As far as what I'm looking for with boarder wars we need each mission to have a secondary and tertiary objective. For instance

Number one would be Hold the tower in the center of the board the person that has more unit strength within 3" of the tower that is not falling back by the end of round 6 gets +250 victory pts

Secondary- objective Assassinate the other players highest level wizard by the end of the game. If they have 2 wizards of equal level pick one to be your target. If they have no wizards you automatically get this objective. +150 victory pts.

Tertiary- keep your lowest point cost unit alive and not fleeing by the end of the game. Nominate what unit this is before the start of the game. +50 victory points

Also this week we are doing the 1000pt grow league tournament there is a chance for you to get some free prize support so i hope you can be there with your army by 4pm I'm pretty sure both you and your boy made enough points to participate. would be a shame if you did not come. Either way there will also be people there for you to have some games with that are coming for the first time etc.
Back to top Go down
KeeleeHamomin
Initiate
Initiate
KeeleeHamomin

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyWed May 04, 2011 2:19 am

Ah, I see what you're getting at. Well, I will try to get something.

As far as the grow league tournament, is there a way to maybe start a little early... or go a little late? Jake works 5-9 so.... it's really in the way and we want to get at least one tournament battle in..... If not... we will be able to make it next Wed if it is still going.
Back to top Go down
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:25 am

No i cant change the time by that much at this point. But swing by after hes off work and ill make sure you can play a few games tonight. just give me a call on my cell phone when you get there so if the store is closed already i can let you in. 970-214-1066
Back to top Go down
CrimsonWraith
Admin
Wyrd Henchman
AdminWyrd Henchman
CrimsonWraith

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyThu May 05, 2011 10:58 pm

So.... we have a requires display board, but not painting?
Back to top Go down
http://crimsonwraith.blogspot.com
Deadboytat2
Deadboytat2

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:30 am

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Slammer
Knight
Knight
Slammer

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:27 pm

2500 points and a 3 color min with desplay board feel srry for skaven players they may want to start dipping or have fun painting 200+ moddles. gess thats what they get for picking the army though have fun skaven players
Back to top Go down
Slammer
Knight
Knight
Slammer

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:06 am

how are the teams going to be set up, i dont know how many people play at your store, but i can see more people coming to play for one store then the other. whats your plan if this happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Border Wars Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Border Wars Rules   Border Wars Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Border Wars Rules
Page 1 of 1